Working at Centennial Park
Centennial Park Cemetery Authority is South Australia’s largest provider of cremation, burial and memorial services. If you have a passion for excellent customer service and transforming the ordinary into extraordinary, one of these positions is waiting for you!
Food and Beverage Attendant – Part Time (25 hours per week), Fixed Term (12 Months)
- Proactive and Supportive team environment
- Committed to providing quality service
At Centennial Park we provide a stunningly beautiful community space that connects people through a rich tapestry of gardens, services, events and stories. Our dedicated team embody compassion, inclusion, excellence and innovation as they strive to serve the South Australian community as the pre-eminent provider of cemetery, cremation, funeral service facilities and memorialisation services.
We are passionate about providing our customers with the highest quality of service and professionalism.
Reporting to the Coordinator Jubilee Complex, this opportunity is offered on a fixed term, part time basis, for a period of 12 months to support the delivery of functions and events, predominantly for funeral and memorial services conducted within the facilities and grounds of the Park.
Your specific tasks will include
- Providing exceptional customer service to all attendees of the Jubilee Complex for funeral services, after-service functions and other events
- Liaising with team members across the organisation in preparing for various services and events
- Serving food and beverages
- Seamless provision of audio visual functions
- Undertaking pre and post event clearing and cleaning of facilities
- Cleaning and minor maintenance repairs and works
- Responding to Funeral Directors and receiving coffins, along with their respectful and timely placement into the nominated Chapels
What you’ll need to be successful
- The ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- The sensitivity to relate to people at all levels from diverse backgrounds and to meet their needs at the Jubilee Complex
- Extensive experience in food and beverage preparation and service
- Experience in delivering a range of events and functions
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at audio visual operation
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to respond to sensitive situations professionally
- Experience and knowledge in safe work practices related to the delivery of:
- Current drivers’ licence and valid certificates in Food Hygiene and Responsible Service of Alcohol
- The ability to problem solve and use initiative
- A passion for excellent customer service, coupled with a strong understanding of the mission and vision of Centennial Park
- A certificate in First Aid would also be advantageous
– food, beverage and catering services
– manual handling
– cleaning and minor maintenance repairs and works
This position requires you to work a 7 day rotating roster, with hours scheduled over services and functions (across a time span of 8:00am to 6:00pm) – including public holidays.
To apply, please submit your resume and covering letter detailing your suitability and availability for the role, by close of business Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion, please contact Jessica Jones, Manager People and Culture on 8275 2203.
We look forward to hearing from you.